Too much information? How does an organism process all of the sights, sounds, smells, and feelings it receives from its environment? Discover new ideas for presenting Next Generation Science Standard LS1D, Information Processing, in a video for science teachers. The narrator begins with basic concepts for pupils in the lower grades, then layers on the details as the standard progresses toward the high school level.
- Use the suggested advanced concepts to show higher-level science scholars the complex interactions between the senses and the brain
- Have fun exploring information processing with your peers! Watch the video together and participate in the narrator's scenarios to better understand how students view the standard
- The standard is an introduction to how organisms use their senses to respond to their environments, so it requires little prior knowledge
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Presents standard concisely with just the right amount of detail
- The narrator provides tips tailored to each grade level