This Letter to Truman about the Manhattan Project interactive also includes:
Delve into the past to understand the opposition to the Manhattan Project. An interesting activity is designed to be completed in pairs, groups, or individually. Scholars analyze historical documents, complete an online worksheet, and participate in group discussion to understand why many were opposed to the use of nuclear weapons during WWII.
- Compare the concerns about the Manhattan Project to tensions during the Cold War
- Guide a group discussion on the pros and cons of nuclear weapons as a means of defense
- A portion of the activity is completed online
- The activity is adaptable to remote learning situations
- Short length of the resource makes it easy to incorporate into a lesson