This Myth and Truth: The First Thanksgiving lesson plan also includes:
Encourage learners to think critically about common myths regarding the Wampanoag Indians in Colonial America. They discover that behind every myth are many possible explanations—and that learning more about American history helps them become more well-informed citizens.
- Form an interdisciplinary unit between social studies and language arts to address all skills
- Host a debate in which learners defend or question traditional points of view surrounding Thanksgiving
- Requires access to the Internet
- Lesson consists of three 50-minute sessions
- Includes a rubric and activity sheet to pass out
- Provides links for additional research and information