This Learning to Say No activity & project also includes:
It's not always easy to say "no". Give scholars the power and confidence to stand up for themselves with several steps to communicate using their voice and body language.
3 Views 4 Downloads
- Provide a mirror for learners to look in as they practice to observe their body movements and facial expressions
- Take a short time each week, or when situations arise, to practice saying "no"
- Challenge peers to role-play a scenario that requires the answer "no"
- Stress the importance of consent, everyone has a right to say no and should be respected
- The activity encourages self-awareness and management
- Steps require pupils to remain calm and exude bravery
- Social and emotional learning benefits participants of all ages