This Law Review lesson plan also includes:
How can your journalism class ensure they use social media responsibly and legally? The sixth lesson in a 16-part Social Media Toolbox series asks pupils to dig deep into the legal aspects of social media use by school publications. After learning the laws, groups engage in role-play activities to demonstrate ways news outlets sometimes break Internet laws.
- Record the role-play activity and review it with the class at the end of the semester
- Have groups research specific instances where a news outlet violated an Internet law
- Add extra time if you plan to have groups present their information to the class
- The lesson plan is thorough in its approach to teaching Internet-related law
- Role-play scenarios make the activity more meaningful for young learners