All hail the king! Young mathematicians put their skills to the test as they strive to become the king of math.
Starting off as a simple farmer, students work through a variety of multiple choice problems as they earn points and increase their level to blacksmith, merchant, and eventually, king. The faster they solve the problems, the more points are awarded and the quicker they can take their seat on the throne.
Covering a wide range of topics, this application organizes the content into a series of books which can be seen listed below:
- Mixed 1
- Mixed 2
Within each book are nine chapters with questions that focus on specific skills relating to the topic. Young mathematicians have the freedom to work through the books in any order they choose, making this resource adaptable for use across a number of different grade levels.
Questions start out easy and get progressively more difficult, but there is no option to receive help with solving them.
Access to Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail is available without any security measures.
How techie do I need to be?
- Offer this resource as an option for early finishers during math lessons in upper-elementary and middle school
- Assign specific books for students to complete as in-class assignments
- Use this resource as a math learning center
- Suggest this resource to parents looking for apps to install on their families' mobile devices
- App provides access to Facebook and Twitter, so be sure students are aware of your school's policy regarding the use of social media
- Allows for multiple user accounts
- App is available in 19 different languages
- Users are able to replay levels to achieve higher scores
- Game does not offer any help or assistance with solving the math problems