This Jump, Glide, or Fly? Exploring Bird Evolution lesson plan also includes:
How have birds evolved from prehistoric animals? With the three-part instructional activity, small groups first research different prehistoric animals and determine whether they are birds. Then, scholars explore different bird adaptations using the Flap to the Future game. Finally, small groups brainstorm and draw different habitats for birds specific to their adaptations.
- Have pupils research the habitat and adaptations of a bird of their choice and create a short presentation for the class
- Take scholars outside to observe and identify local birds
- Pupils should be 1:1 with a device for parts of this lesson
- Uses a combination of individual and group work
- Integrates a game to engage the class