An interview with Victor Villaseñor details his family's journey from Jalisco, Mexico to El Paso, Texas. Brought on by the Mexican Revolution, Victor and his family decided to make a new home in the United States of America. The path to the Ameican Dream was not an easy one. Discover how the Villasenor's made a prosperous new life.
- Accompany the video with several books and articles—have pupils visit the library or search online to heighten interest
- While learners watch the video, direct them to take notes and jot down questions, conduct a grand conversation to discuss what they saw and answer questions
- Play the video during Hispanic Heritage Month which goes from September 15th-October 15th
- A note of caution warns viewers of the violence and disturbing images in the video—preview the video first to confirm that it is appropriate for your pupils
- Clickable links allow users to easily share and download the video
- The video consists of old footage and actors reenacting scenarios