This Jamie Nabozny: Bullying: Language, Literature and Life lesson plan also includes:
Class members identify bullying in contemporary texts and role play how they might change those scenes to examples of anti-bullying. They then re-define their initial definitions of bullying and discuss what they would like to see as "the next chapter" on bullying.
- Rather than provide learners with a selection of readings, consider assigning them the task of finding their own examples of bullying from textbooks or literature and bringing them to class for discussion
- A safe classroom environment and clear discussion expectations need to be established for these activities
- Lesson may require a little bit of preparation time, as the instructor will need to acquire a variety of texts that portray bullying
- Lesson offers unique approach to bullying by examining the language and literature related to the concept
- Activities do not have be carried out collectively, so you can pick and choose what works for your class