This Investigating the Properties of Plastic and its Effects on the Environment activity & project also includes:
Pore over the properties of plastic. Working through four different stations, pupils investigate some properties of plastic, including chemical decomposition, mechanical breakdown, density, and the ability to infiltrate the food chain. They consider how these properties impact the effect of plastic on the environment.
- Have a contest to see which group can design the circuit with the greatest amount of electrical energy
- Learners should be familiar with food chains and webs
- Compost needs to be set up several weeks before the lesson
- Lists vocabulary terms and their definitions
- Provides links for additional multimedia support