This Introduction to Media Literacy: Crash Course Media Literacy video also includes:
How well does your class understand the types of media they use every day? Introduce them to the concept of media literacy with the first video in a Crash Course series on media literacy. Viewers discover the definition and types of media, the importance of evaluating media sources, and the psychology of media creation.
- Pause the video when the narrator poses the opening question and ask your students to answer it
- Create a list of the types of media the class views, then have them rank the items in terms of how often they use them
- Show the video first if you plan to use the entire series in class
- Light-hearted scripting and animations make the video very enjoyable
- The narrator is knowledgeable and explains the content clearly