This Introduction to Activism lesson plan also includes:
Activist, feminist, and labor organizer Dolores Huerta are perhaps best known for her work with Cesar Chavez to create the United Farm Workers. Class members explore primary source documents to learn more about this Medal of Freedom winner.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Preview the variety of videos of Huerta available on the internet and select one to use to introduce her to the class
- The video "Dolores Huerta and the Presidential Medal of Freedom" is especially powerful
- Presumes class members have previously studied the work of Cesar Chavez and the United Farm Workers
- Teachers need to create their own PowerPoint for the lesson
- Includes discussion questions, links to film clips, and excerpts from her speeches