Viewers os this short video learn how to prove that a root exists in a given interval without having to determine the actual value of the root. Applying the Intermediate Value Theorem is most helpful in this situation.
3 Views 0 Downloads
- Have the class graph the example function to verify that there is a root on the interval (1, 2)
- Learners must already be familiar with the Intermediate Value Theorem
- Pupils should know function notation and how to evaluate polynomial functions
- Shows all steps needed to reach the answer
- Uses a graph that does not match example function
- Covers only one example