This Identifying Elements of Conflict lesson plan also includes:
- Peacebuilding Toolkit for Educators: High School Edition (English version)
- Peacebuilding Toolkit for Educators: High School Edition (Spanish version)
- Peacebuilding Toolkit for Educators: High School Edition (French version)
- Peacebuilding Toolkit for Educators (High School Edition) and the Common Core Standards
- Section Two: Conflict Can Be Prevented
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
What lies at the heart of a conflict? Help pupils peel back the layers during an in-depth study of the elements of conflict. A lesson addressing peacekeeping and conflict management examines the historical, emotional, and societal components that drive conflicts across the globe.
- Review a timeline of events in Uganda and guide the class in a conflict analysis
- Have groups discuss the difference between managing a conflict they are personally experiencing and one they are not; how does their level of involvement influence their actions?
- Allow enough time for representatives from each group to communicate their findings with other groups
- Part five in a 15-installment series
- The lesson shows learners a systematic approach to conflict management
- Group activities promote critical thinking and analysis skills