This Identifying Author’s Opinion and Evidence: The Value of Sports in People’s Lives, Part II lesson plan also includes:
Context matters! Using the intuitive resource, pupils decipher context clues to determine the meaning of unknown words from an informational text. Also, in small groups, they practice identifying the author's opinion and supporting evidence in the article.
- Have students illustrate their vocabulary words and display their drawings in the classroom
- Third of seven consecutive lessons from the Grade 5 ELA Module 3A, Unit 1 series
- Requires a projector or document camera
- Provides comprehensive teaching notes to help plan the lesson effectively
- Offers strategies for meeting the needs of all learners