With so many harmful agents around us, how do humans stay healthy? Find out by watching an informative video from a larger biology playlist that details our defenses against a variety of pathogens. The narrator describes the body systems, organs, and specific cells that deal with damaging bacteria and viruses and how they work to prevent illness.
- Make the resource a focal point in an immunity lesson
- Before watching the video, have students make a list of all of the ways the body defends against pathogens
- Be sure the class is up to speed on types of pathogens; try a video to get them prepared
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- The video is short and to the point, perfect for an overview or introduction to the topic
- Animations convey how each cell or system functions as a part of health and immunity