This How Does Your Body Know You're Full? video also includes:
Feeling hungry after skipping breakfast? Here's why! Introduce young scientists to that feeling of fullness with an engaging video. Use the included assessment and extension materials to further study which foods make us feel the fullest, how that full feeling is transmitted to the brain, and why slow eaters feel full longer.
- Slow things down and expand the lesson using an interesting video about eating too fast
- Before the video starts, have viewers write down times when they seem to feel hungriest and how it makes their bodies feel
- Viewers should be familiar with the digestive and endocrine systems
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Animations that accompany the script are amusing and helpful in conveying the content
- Scientific explanations are clear and easy for pupils in the age group to comprehend