Imagine describing what something looks like when you've only seen it from the inside. That's the task astronomers tackle when describing the shape and characteristics of the Milky Way. Using a combination of physics and mathematics, astronomers build what they believe to be an accurate model. Learn their methods in a video lesson from the SciShow Space series.
- Have pupils compare models of solar systems identifying similarities and differences
- As learners view the video, have them write down two questions and two facts they want to discuss
- Be aware of YouTube comments when making the video available for independent viewing
- Includes images to support the concepts
- Discusses both historical and current findings and theories