This How Do Chameleons Change Color? video also includes:
Talk about weird science! Young biologists discover the amazing structures found in the skin of male chameleons during a video from Veritasium. The narrator discusses common myths about chameleon color change, what triggers the color-change mechanism, and the benefits of being able to blend in or stand out from your surroundings.
- Include the video in an animal adaptations lesson
- Have the class read the attached scientific article, then use the video to clarify key concepts
- Before viewing the resource, lead a brief discussion about the reflection and absorption of colors
- The narrator explains the phenomenon clearly
- Simple diagrams show how the chameleon's specialized cells react to changes in its environment and mood