This How Did Teeth Evolve? video also includes:
Tooth be told, your class is gonna love this video! Science scholars look beyond simple cell types and enter the world of teeth. The narrator describes how we think teeth evolved to their present form, how form dictates function, and how the human body takes the simple materials in our food and creates teeth that are both strong and tough.
- From fossil records to cell specialization, the video can pair with many different lessons
- Have the class identify animals that would have the tooth types shown in the resource
- Take a moment to talk with the class about how cells take special, advanced forms to produce structures like teeth
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource does a thorough job of exploring and discussing the topic
- Animated cells help pupils understand how differentiation has led to special structures like teeth