This Harvest Ceremony: Beyond the Thanksgiving Myth handout also includes:
There is a grain of truth in myths. Young historians investigate the truths surrounding the popular beliefs about the First Thanksgiving in Plymouth, Massachusetts. After reading the information in a study guide, they use what they learned to respond to a series of discussion questions.
- Enlarge, print, and post the map to orient learners
- Younger readers will need assistance with the background information
- The five-page study guide includes background information about the Wampanoag, Narragansett, and the European settlers
- The guide also includes discussion questions.
- The study guide demonstrates how the celebrations of both the Native Americans and the settlers were combined
- Although designed for grades K-12, no scaffolding is provided for younger learners