This Grade 9 ELA Module 4, Unit 1, Lesson 23 lesson plan also includes:
In "How We Researched and Wrote this Book," the final essay in Sugar Changed the World: A Story of Magic, Spice, Slavery, Freedom, and Science authors Aronson and Budhos discuss their research methods and purpose in writing the text. After reading the chapter, class members use their annotations from previous session to evaluate how successful they believe the writers were in achieving these goals.
- The 23rd in a 28-lesson unit designed to directly address Common Core standard RI.9-10.6
- The unit uses Marc Aronson and Marina Budhos' Sugar Changed the World: A Story of Magic, Spice, Slavery, Freedom, and Science as a central text
- The focus of the one-unit module is on helping writers develop the skills they need to develop well-crafted arguments supported by strong evidence
- The seven-page packet includes a detailed plan, discussion questions with model responses, an a quick write prompt
- The lesson follow the same format as the others in the series