This Grade 9 ELA Module 2, Unit 2, Lesson 6 lesson plan also includes:
The battle of wits and wisdom is raging in Sophocles' Oedipus the King, particularly in Oedipus' discussion with Teiresias about the Sphinx's riddle. Ninth graders focus on this key conversation with a literary analysis lesson that features a group discussion about the way Oedipus' past experience define his personality and determine his fate.
- Prompt small groups to make a creative poster depicting Oedipus and the things he does not see, including textual details as evidence
- Switch up the assigned groups throughout the collaborative discussion to vary responses
- The sixth lesson in a 20-part unit
- Guides learners through a complex topic with both discussion and written reflections
- Provides a self-assessment activity about the speaking and listening norms established in the previous lesson