This Grade 9 ELA Module 2: Unit 1, Lesson 7 lesson plan also includes:
Listen to the low stifled sound that arises from the souls of your ninth graders when overcharged with awe. Inspire them with a captivating lesson about "The Tell-Tale Heart." Learners analyze how Poe uses the story structure to develop a central idea. Using evidence collected in the previous lessons, class members prepare for the upcoming mid-unit writing assessment.
- Divide class into pairs or small groups to review evidence for the writing prompt
- Display the graphic organizer on the whiteboard and have individuals note important quotations with dry erase markers
- Class members will need the evidence collection worksheet throughout the unit, but the blank version is only available in this lesson
- The seventh of a 13-part literary analysis unit
- Provides both a blank evidence collection worksheet as well as a model version with sample answers
- Encourages readers to annotate and note important quotations to support their arguments