This Grade 11 ELA Module 2: Unit 1, Lesson 25 lesson plan also includes:
While preparing for the end-of-unit assessment, scholars look at Washington's "Atlanta Compromise" speech and identify the terms he used in the argument. They also identify the relationship of the claims presented in the speech and in Du Bois's "Of Our Spiritual Strivings." Pupils finish the lesson by responding to a writing prompt.
- Use a graphic organizer to describe the claims in each text, then compare and contrast the two
- Lesson 25 of 26 in the Grade 11 ELA Module 2: Unit 1 playlist
- Complete lessons and units in order
- Includes examples of high-performance responses to use as references
- Assigns percentages of time for each activity