This Grade 10 ELA Module 4: Unit 3, Lesson 5 lesson plan also includes:
Would Machiavelli consider Macbeth a successful ruler? Scholars ponder the intriguing question, demonstrating their knowledge of both Shakespeare's Macbeth and Machiavelli's The Prince. They collaborate with peers to share their opinions, using evidence from the text to support their claims.
- Have individuals compose letters Machiavelli might write to Macbeth with tips on how to be a successful leader
- Refers to a previous unit on Shakespeare's Macbeth and requires familiarity with the play
- Fits as the fifth and final lesson from the Grade 10 ELA Module 4: Unit 3 series
- Includes a student self-assessment to ensure participation during class activities
- Provides a rubric to guide discussion