This Grade 10 ELA Module 4: Unit 2, Lesson 4 lesson plan also includes:
Ambition, murder, nontraditional gender roles ... some problems just can't be fixed in marriage counseling. Learners discuss the relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth. As a culminating activity, pupils analyze how the characters' relationship develops throughout the final scenes of Act I.
- Ask individuals to compose love poems from Macbeth to his wife or vice versa
- Have small groups clarify and discuss Lady Macbeth's plan for murdering Duncan
- Instructors should teach the lessons in order
- Provides several ideas for lesson differentiation
- Includes thorough teacher notes to help guide the discussion