This Grade 10 ELA Module 4: Unit 1, Lesson 4 lesson plan also includes:
High schoolers read the final section of E. B. White’s Death of a Pig and take a close look at the impact of the words and tone he used. Learners discuss in pairs their homework from the previous night, answer questions about the text, and write in their vocabulary journals. They finish by sharing their thoughts about E.B. White's word choices by responding to a writing prompt.
- Discuss the impact of words and shades of meaning—for example, big verses huge, upset verses distraught
- Fits as the fourth of seven lessons in the series
- Assumes teachers implement the lessons in order
- Offers homework for extended practice and accountability
- Includes percentages of time for each activity