This Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 3, Lesson 6 lesson plan also includes:
And that's a wrap! Scholars create their drafts of concluding statements by first examining model text with exemplar conclusions. In pairs, they discuss how transitional words and phrases add to sentence structure and consider how their concluding sentences emphasize or address their initial argumentative claims. For homework, learners revise and improve their conclusion paragraphs and final sentences.
- Display a variety of essays and ask writers to highlight the concluding sentence in each
- Lesson is number six in a unit titled Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 3
- Order of lessons and units matter
- Offers teaching tips throughout the lesson
- Indicates the percentage of the lesson each activity should consume