This Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 3, Lesson 4 lesson plan also includes:
Always try to make a good first impression. As scholars begin to write their argumentative essays, they learn the importance of a good introduction. Writers also begin to add in-text citations to their papers. After reading a model introduction, they use a turn and talk strategy to discuss what made the introduction effective.
- Read papers with various introductions (interesting fact, quote, humor, etc.)
- Lesson is fourth in a series Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 3
- Part of the lesson is based on the completion of homework
- Includes both an effective and ineffective introduction for reference
- Offers possible responses to discussion questions