This Grade 10 ELA Module 2: Unit 1, Lesson 19 lesson plan also includes:
Great minds think alike. Scholars read two texts and compare how the authors develop the same central idea. Readers analyze "Women" by Alice Walker and "Letter from Birmingham Jail" by Martin Luther King Jr. They discuss word use and new vocabulary to help complete an Evidence Collection Tool. They finish by responding to a writing prompt comparing the pieces of work.
- Discuss the women's rights movement
- Lesson 19 of 20 in the unit
- Must complete the lessons in order
- Describes high-performance writing responses
- Outlines the lesson with percentages of time each activity should take