This Global History and Geography Examination: June 2010 assessment also includes:
Using a set of primary source documents, such as descriptions of climate phenomena and images of weather events, pupils consider how climate shapes history. A second essay prompt and multiple-choice questions with documents engage learners by sharpening their essay-writing and test-taking skills.
- Use the essay prompt on important thinkers to stimulate a research project
- Extend the primary source question by researching how climate change may influence world history
- Exam is the June 2010 New York state regents test
- Test items are easy to incorporate into a variety of lesson plans
- Climate prompt engages students to think about current events as well as history