This Global History and Geography Examination: January 2011 assessment also includes:
Using primary and secondary sources—including classics such as the Communist Manifesto—class members consider the effects of these ideas on the course of history. Another essay prompt explores geography and history, while multiple-choice questions analyzing primary sources help learners sharpen test-taking skills.
- Ask pupils to review the documents-based prompt on challenges to authority and brainstorm the effects of ideas such as natural rights and Marxism
- Create a discussion based on the essay prompt about the link between geography and history
- Resource is from the January 2011 New York regents global history and geography examination
- Included documents are classics of world history
- It's easy to integrate resource questions into activities such as instruction and test practice