This Global History and Geography Examination: August 2010 assessment also includes:
Three major faith traditions have shaped world history: Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism. Using secondary sources from textbooks, as well as primary source documents, such as Aztec legends, pupils explore the interplay of these traditions. Additional questions include an essay prompt on nationalism and multiple choice questions with document stems for primary source practice.
- Jigsaw research on the influence of nationalism in various countries using the essay prompt
- Ask class members to write their own multiple choice questions and answers based on the included primary and secondary sources
- Resource is the August 2010 administration of the New York state regent's exam
- Cartoons and images included with multiple choice questions are visually stimulating
- Answer guidelines help ensure easy feedback for pupils
- Documents-based question relies heavily on secondary sources