Myanmar is a country that gets a lot of press, and not all of it good thanks to internal tensions. A video resource profiles the nation with its more than 130 ethnic groups and lush biodiversity. Scholars also explore how the nation is the link to between the Indian subcontinent and China.
- Use the resource to introduce the country before discussing current events involving the Rohingya
- Video is one installment of the large and comprehensive Countries A-Z playlist
- Drug references and strong language may not be appropriate for all pupils
- Easy to pair with an additional video on the Rohingya
- Script includes a number of humorous and engaging gags
- Resource is easy to adapt to a variety of lesson plans
- Ad interrupts video viewing