Scientists may have the technology to cure diseases, including cancer in the near future, but at what cost? The video explains genetic engineering that could deadly cure diseases. It highlights the benefits while also weighing the risks.
28 Views 12 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Encourage students to journal on whether they would want to live forever and explain their choices
- Debate where people should draw the line when it comes to genetic engineering: Is it okay to rid the world of a disease? Is it okay to want only children with a certain eye color? Should the technology be available to everyone?
- Assumes prior knowledge of genetics, DNA, RNA, and ethics
- Provides subtitles in 37 languages
- Includes a long list of resources and further reading for those wishing to learn more