This Garden Surprise lesson plan also includes:
View vegetables a little differently. A hands-on instructional activity begins by examining different vegetables and identifying the part of the plant they come from. Learners then create exploding seed balls they take home to grow their own. The instructional activity is the second in a five-part Family Nature Program unit.
- Have pupils draw a vegetable plant and label its parts
- Allow time to collect and prepare materials prior to the activity
- Requires some familiarity with the parts of a plant
- Gives pupils a physical reference for the different parts of a plant
- Uses materials that are readily available