This From the Fall of Dinos to the Rise of Humans video also includes:
We live in the Cenozoic Era, and most of the animals we recognize first appeared in this era. However, the animals that existed at the start of the era bear little resemblance to present day. As one part of a larger series, individuals learn about the changes from the end of the dinosaurs to the rise of humans.
- Have class members create posters summarizing each of the Eons
- Add the highlighted vocabulary terms to science journals
- Relies on prior knowledge of the fall of dinosaurs, the Cenozoic Era, and evolution
- Offers subtitles in English for ease of note taking
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes
- Connects ideas from climate change to evolution to the rise of humans