This Food Webs, Energy Flow, Carbon Cycle, and Trophic Pyramids lesson plan also includes:
The reintroduction of a species to an area doesn't always go as expected. Scholars learn about the reintroduction of wolves into Yellowstone National Park with a video, reading, and discussion questions. They complete a hands-on activity to create a food web and analyze the changing trophic pyramid and carbon cycle after the wolves returned.
- Learn more about the wolves in Yellowstone National Park
- Prepare the card decks prior to class as preparation may take an hour or more if you include lamination
- Relies on prior knowledge of cellular respiration and photosynthesis
- Includes extension ideas for further learning
- Offers teacher tips and pitfalls to avoid