This Flight of the Fruit: Weight, Gravity and Imagination activity & project also includes:
Beware the falling fruit. Scholars design and build parachutes that can help protect fruit as it falls. They test out their creations, learning about gravity, weight, air resistance, and measurement concepts along the way.
11 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed NGSS: Designed
- Take learners outside to test out the parachutes
- Instructors worried about food waste can replace the fruit with small objects, such as rubber balls
- Activity requires various materials; see resource for complete list
- Provides some options for extension activities
- Includes worksheets and group reflection sheets