This Fitting Lines to Data interactive also includes:
Scatter the TV sales over weeks. Pupils create a scatter plot to display the number of TV sales over a period of several weeks. The interactive allows class members to create two lines of best fit. Then they determine which line fits that data better and how to verify it.
- Conduct a lesson on finding residuals for a line of best fit
- Learners should know how to graph a line written in slope-intercept form
- Requires signing up for a free CK-12 account
- Individuals can view the correct answer
- The supplementary material contains additional examples
- It can be difficult to drag the lines to create lines of best fit