Sometimes math requires dealing with fractions. An instructional video shows how to substitute into a formula and solve for an unknown measure. Pupils watch as the presenter determines the height of a triangle even when the length of the base is an odd number.
- Ask the class to find another way of working with the fractions
- Requires knowledge of reciprocals
- Assumes learners have knowledge of solving one-step equations
- Labels the sides and height of the triangle to show the visible representation of the question
- Uses colors to highlight the multiplication of the fraction