Develop a method to find an unknown measurement. Learners watch a video as the narrator presents an example of finding the height of a triangle knowing the base and area. The example shows how to take a half of the base to arrive at a one-step linear equation to solve.
- Lead a discussion on how the two formulas presented in the lesson are equivalent
- Assumes individuals know how to solve one-step equations
- Expects students to understand finding the area of a triangle
- Labels the diagram to represent the problem
- Shows the algebraic work needed to find the answer.