This Surface Area assessment also includes:
Surface area is the sum of the parts. Given the measurements of different prisms, pupils determine their surface areas. Individuals find the area of each surface and figure out the surface area by finding the sum. The video, part of a review of General Certificate of Secondary Education, reinforces the idea of finding the sum of the areas of the different faces.
- Have the class build different solids and then calculate their surface areas
- Individuals should know how to find the area of rectangles, triangles, and trapezoids
- Class members need to be able to visualize the faces that are not shown in the drawings
- Shows the different surfaces that comprise the surface area
- Includes all the calculations to arrive at the solution
- The triangular and trapezoidal prisms in the video are not possible with the given dimensions