This Evaluating Casual Claims workbook also includes:
Responsible decision making relies on the ability to a recognize, analyze, and evaluate claims. The worksheets and activities in this 32-page packet teach learners how to distinguish among opinions, reasoned arguments, facts, and logical fallacies often used to support argument claims.
- Rather than making color copies of the worksheets, use the PowerPoint and have class members respond in their journals
- Use the worksheets as part of a two-week social-emotional learning unit, or a weekly lesson
- Preview the teacher resource packet before beginning the series
- The second in a series of eight resources; the sixth resource provides the Powerpoint presentation for the second lesson
- Worksheets may be downloaded in English or Chinese as either a PDF or DOC
- The Teacher Reference packet linked in the "Included Materials" provides background information on the resource, answer keys, teaching tips, and the text for the slides