This Evaluating a Needlework Sampler as Historical Evidence interactive also includes:
Needlework isn't just for home decor; it can also help record family history. Academics analyze a needlework sampler to understand how they were used to record marriages and births. The activity includes a series of written questions, and scholars participate in group discussion to understand the significance of preserving historical artifacts.
- Have pupils trace their own family histories
- Invite family members to visit and discuss their family's heritage
- The resource is intended to be completed online
- Resource includes an extension activity if time allows
- Activity can be incorporated into a lesson on historical analysis or family geneology