Introduce the concept of a correlation coefficient using an interactive lesson. Learners begin by manipulating a correlation coefficient and watching a graph change to represent the new value. Questions help strengthen their understanding of positive and negative coefficients as well as the strength of the correlation.
- Use the opening animation as a demonstration when introducing correlation coefficients
- Incorporate the challenge questions with a smart response system or similar online technology
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access interactive resources
- Provides hints within the challenge questions with helpful explanations
- Allows learners to explore content at their own pace