This Correlation Coefficient lesson plan also includes:
Of course, there might be a correlation! Young mathematicians investigate several different data sets, create scatter plots, and determine any correlation. They consider whether a causation exists between any of the variables in question.
6 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have the class look up data sets to create their own scatter plots
- The last of six installments in a Statistics and Probability unit, there is very little connection to previous lessons
- Assumes scholars know how to create scatter plots
- Provides grids for scatter plots
- Uses a variety of contexts for the data sets