This Estimating Profit from a Job lesson plan also includes:
Profit always seems to get everyone's attention. The same is true during a lesson on estimation. Learners use given information to estimate the cost of supplies for a painting job. They then develop a strategy for estimating the profit from the job while considering the difference in the estimated and actual costs.
- Use the lesson as a performance task for a unit on estimation and rounding
- Review the pros and cons of rounding for estimation prior to the activity
- Requires an Internet connection to access the lesson video
- Includes two variations of an assessment for differentiation
- Adaptable to different grade levels