This Episode 2.4: The Technology video also includes:
No power? That's no problem for the Global Problem Solvers! The fourth of seven episodes follows them in their search for solar panels to power their pop-up school kits. High water threatens to delay the return of normalcy for Tampa's school children.
- Bring a simple solar-powered device, such as an outdoor light, to class, so students see how long it must charge
- Ask scholars why they think getting young ones back to school after a natural disaster is so important for kids and grown-ups alike
- Be sure to point out the dangers of driving into standing water, as this is shown in the video
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Portrays solar cells realistically, as the team must incorporate a rechargeable battery into the kit
- Learners see characters their age with different backgrounds and strengths working together toward a common goal